Friday 6 April 2012

Popular Crafts Magazine - Button Craft Swap

When i woke up on the 1st of January 2012, i lay in bed, waiting for Teeny to get up. As i was looking about my room at the mass of books on my shelves and the stacks of crafting magazines by my drawers, i decided this would be the year i would make resolutions i could actually stick to.
  1. Make room for some "Me" time
  2. Read at least one book a month
  3. Try at least 4 NEW types of crafts
  4. Complete at least one craft project a month
So far so good!!!

I have a subscription to the magazine 'Popular Crafts', so i decided to sign up to their monthly craft swaps ... 2 birds with one stone and all that :p

The theme was buttons and when i got through my partners details, i got giddy with ideas. She likes to do lots of different crafts so i decided my safest bet was something like a needle book.

This was my finished project ...

My first attempt at embroidery turned out pretty cool

When buying the gift, i figured i'd stick with the sewing theme :)



And this was what i got in return from Louise at http://www.craftyguider.com/ ....
A beautiful decoupage box with Halloween inspired beads and some charms :)
Very talented lady!!


Having had so much fun with the first one, i decided to sign up again ....

No comments:

Post a Comment