Sunday 6 May 2012

Halloween Quilt

OK ... This is the post i've been looking forward to the most :)

Everyone who knows me, knows that i'm crazy for Halloween. I have freaked out my postman by answering the door in costume and my Halloween ornaments, snow globes etc are out all year long. Candy Corn and chocolate apples happen in our house when-ever we get a craving and thankfully my addiction seems to have passed on to Teeny ... 5yrs old and is already planning his costume for this year *wipes away a proud tear* lol.

For almost a year i have been collecting Halloween fabric in the hopes that one day i would be able to make a big American style quilt. I'm very proud to say that this week i finally found enough :)

I want this quilt to one day out live me so i decided that i would use only the best fabrics and at the time, Moda was the one to go for. (Since then lots of designers have come out with Halloween themed prints).

For those of you that dont know, Moda is an American company that has alot of different designers so there are plenty of fabrics to chose from. Only down side is, at the time i started, it was hard to get suppliers in the UK. At least for the Halloween range.

Thank goodness for eBay!!

After alot of searching, bidding and contacting sellers ... i managed to find some of the ranges that could be sent to me. I've had to blank out much of the postage costs as most of it was more than the fabric itself but putting past birthday money and the odd pound here and there, i finally got enough for 250+ 5" charms. In the end, it will be worth every penny!

My ever growing bundle :)



I've combined 4 different Moda ranges ...

3 Charm packs from the "Trick or Treat" range
A Charm pack from the "Haunted Mansion" range
4 fat quarters from the "Chic or Treat" range
and a fat quarter from the "Spooktacular" range

(I also have 2 large fabric panels from the "Trick or Treat" range that i'm hoping to include)



Its going to be a working progress for the next few months but i'm giddy at the thoughts of what the finished quilt will look like

2 comments:

  1. My next project is going to be a quilt too!
    For my boy. It is too easy to make all the girly things. Its time I did something boyish.
    I am ridiculously excited!
    And I haven't even chosen my fabric yet!
    Rainbow or blue?
    I love the Moda blue jelly roll though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teeny has asked me to make him a robot quilt when i've finished the Halloween one. Its hard to find nice prints that match though.

    There are always loads of lovely patterns etc for girls. Its a shame really :/

    Suppose you could go for blocks of bright colour for rainbow and mix with white fabric so it doesn't cost a fortune??? That would be nice :)

    ReplyDelete